Irregular plural nouns
Most plural forms of nouns in English take an s or es. However, there are some nouns in English that change form differently than most plural nouns. Let’s take a look at a few:
|Singular form||Irregular plural form|
Complete the following sentences with either the singular or plural form of the noun that makes the most sense.
1. When I moved to my new apartment, I found a lot of _________________ in the basement.
2. Many people say that cats have nine _______________.
3. I cut my hand with a _______________ by accident.
4. Most people have 32 _________________ in their mouth.
5. The park was full of many ________________ playing games.
6. I was robbed by a _________________ while walking in downtown San Jose.
7. Most ________________ carry lipstick in their purses.
8. Both of my ______________ hurt after walking for 4 hours.
9. All of the _______________ in my family are bald.
10. I need to speak with a ______________ from the accounting department.