Phrasal verbs with up
Today’s Grammar Guru comes from AustraliaPlus, a free service for anyone looking to study English as a second (or third, or fourth!) language.
You can listen and read along while learning some phrasal verbs that use the word up.
Then, take a short quiz to test your new knowledge! Comment with your answers below and we’ll let you know how you did!
*pay attention to verb tenses, too!
1. Someone ________ up the last of the toilet paper and didn’t replace it!
2. I was ____________ up by my grandparents because my parents were too young to raise me.
3. I recently __________ up salsa. I am pretty terrible, but I am getting better!
4. Where would you rather _______ up your children? In your home country or your husbands?
5. If you take the highway north, you will eventually ____________ up in Canada.
6. Next summer, I want to _________ up surfing. It seems difficult, but definitely fun!
7. Please ___________ up the shampoo! I can’t use it and don’t want it to go to waste.
8. We didn’t know what to do on our date, but we __________ up going for some coffee and walking around the park.